Since 1996 we are pioneers at the implementation of wide – area mosquito control projects and we continue to innovate.
The high degree of integration of modern technologies at a good practice level now provides us with significant flexibility and quick decision making that were previously unavailable, regarding mosquito control, precision agriculture or agri-environmental projects. These modern technologies include, among others:
- geographic databases (GeoDatabases) that are constantly reviewed and updated in order to integrate new structures and updated data
- Earth observation (remote sensing) imagery from satellites (both commercial and non-commercial) or even from drones
- modern data retrieval and analysis tools (specialized commercial software)
- state-of-the-art machine learning methods for big data analysis
- digital products and predictive models & algorithms. These models are developed in-house by our technical experts using our own data combined with data provived to us by our partners, are developed in a standardized format (BoL, BAd, BAR, Urban Vision, Water Vision, etc.) and are continuously improved.
The digital tools and algorithms we develop are integrated into our online applications & platforms available to our clients and the general public. These are the following:
Mosquito Vision app: an open-source application for mobile devices that gives us the ability to inform the public about the daily expected mosquito nuisance (during evening and night) for all the settlements included in the mosquito control projects (the app structure is based upon the “Citizen Science” logic)
eBite app: closed-loop application for mobile devices for recording field data (larvae, spraying and observations) by our scientific staff and field technicians, with real-time data transmission
eBite digital planform: a user-friendly and of restricted access electronic platform for the communication of data generated during the implementation of our projects to our customers, and relevant Government bodies.